Michael Jackson RIP.....

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 comments

Sorry I have been out of touch for a bit, but I was on a sort of personal/business hiatus, and yesterday was my birthday, which was quite memorable, however I digress. Suffice it to say that I am back now…..I hope. Anyways welcome back to Simple Man Music my friends, and let’s get started okay?

It seems that while I have been gone there was a lot of interesting events that occurred with regard to celebrity fatalities. It seemed that in one week we lost Ed McMahon a great entertainer and entrepreneur. Farrah Fawcett I still remember that poster on my wall. Last but not least Michael Jackson arguably the real king of pop, and they all will be missed. Today’s topic though a little bit late however is Michael Jackson, which is appropriate since this is a music related blog.

Michael Jackson was born on August 29th, 1958 and died on June 25th, 2008 just a couple of months shy of his 51st birthday. A performer from his early childhood he was obviously the talent in the family vocal group The Jackson Five, and as he grew older he quickly outpaced the J5 and ultimately left them all behind. Michael’s solo career was stellar and his talent and touch took him to the top of world in the entertainment world.

Now I will be honest with you I am not a big fan of Michael Jackson and I have never been, although I do like al lot of the performers who helped to create the Mowtown Sound, in which the Jackson family played a major part. I did like some of things he did in his solo career though. One of my favorites was the song and video “Beat It” because I thought it a very cool thing to have Eddie Van Halen play the guitar on the track. I also thought that the “Thriller” video was awesome.

Before I go I have to say one more thing too. It doesn’t matter whether you are an MJ fan or not. It doesn’t matter whether you believe all the controversy surrounding Michael and kids. It doesn’t even matter if you think the guy was GINORMOUSLY weird. The only thing that matters now is that this consummate entertainer, performer, musician, and artist be recognized for his contributions to his industry, craft, and fans.

That’s all for now kids, enjoy the video, and I’ll see ya all again real soon, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

comments

Post a Comment